Thursday, July 27, 2006

A very special guest blog featuring Bob Ross

Hi, welcome back. Certainly glad you could join us today! Are you ready for another fantastic show today? Good! So get out your old easy chair, big glass of iced tea, and let's get to it!

Now usually on our show, we create a full painting from start to finish, just a happy sort of painting that just makes you feel good inside. But today, I thought we'd do something a little different! Sometimes, doing something different can really make you happy.

And on that note, I'd like to go ahead and sort of make a little announcement to all my television friends. You know, I have so many television friends out there, who send me cards and letters to let me know how much they enjoy the show, and how much they enjoy painting along with me each week. And they send along photographs of paintings they've created -- just some of the most gorgeous little scenes and paintings you could ever hope to imagine.


So today, for all my friends who paint along with me, I'm announcing a very special -- a very, very special --
Bob Ross art contest! And we're so very excited about it. But I've had people ask me, Bob, what is this contest for? I thought we weren't interested in that happy buck. I thought painting was for your own enjoyment, to satisfy your inner creative self. Well, this contest is for the new Bob Ross video game! That's right. It's going to be a wonderful little painting game for the Nintendo system. What's the point of the game? Painting. It's a painting game! It's a video game in which you create paintings.

Now I know what you're thinking. And I agree. This is going to be just the most beautiful, most exciting little happy video game that - I think - has ever been made. Because painting makes you happy. And when you get up into that canvas - even if it's a video canvas - that canvas is your world. And you have absolute power over that world. You can change the course of rivers, you can literally move mountains. It's a beautiful thing, and does wonderful things to you.


So I hope all of you turn in some of your very best paintings for our little contest. And don't worry if you're not Michaelangelo Da Vinci. Because we don't make mistakes in our world. We only have happy accidents.

So that's our show for today! I hope you get going soon on your contest entries, and I look forward to seeing them. And from all of us here, I'd like to wish you happy painting, and God bless, my friend! :)

Hyperlinks:
-
Contest announcement and guidelines
-
Video game announcement
- This is
my happy little Web site!

Technorati tags:
, , , , , ,

1 comment:

MSH said...

Excuse my self-comment here, but: I realize that this is niche humor, and probably appeals to a pretty slim percentage of the population, but this post is pretty freakin funny. I'm nailing this guy. Nailing him! But I nail him with love. I love this guy.