Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The NFL thanks you for participating in Thanksgiving, presented by Comcast

Hey, just what I wanted to have to do in order to complete my Thanksgiving Day experience -- badger my cable company into carrying the NFL Network (or just purchasing it outright, or going out and spending money at a bar to see the game). While the networks will carry the NFL Thanksgiving doubleheader, the NFL Network will air the first-ever Thanksgiving night game this year. And of course, this is only how it starts. In five years, the whole thing will be on NFL Network. Cable operators are standing by! And I say, huzzah!

And yes, yes, I know that Thanksgiving is not all about football, that it's about family and the love in your heart and being thankful that the Injuns died gracefully and mainly from diseases thus avoiding major bloodshed, and blah blah blah. But still, this is go great! In fact, this is what I want to be thankful for this year. Lord, I am thankful that there is yet another occasion for which I am nickeled and dimed to death by huge businesses who do not care whether I live or die unless it means one or the other brings them more money. It is so, I don't know, pleasant. Or no, humanizing. It's very humanizing. And no tree-hugger who doesn't understand Business can take that away from me.

So as I remain on hold as my Thanksgiving dinner gets all cold and eaten, I want to remember to be thankful. Thank you, NFL and cable companies. And thank YOU, willing consumer. May we all shine as a beacon of Thanksgiving, now and forever more. Amen.

(P.S., see you back here on Monday)

Hyperlink:
-
Turkey Day Tussle [NFL Network]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

please comment on whether or not michael richards will move in with michael jackson. thank you.