Wednesday, February 07, 2007

This cold weather is freakin killing me

So I've got a mile-long walk from my house to the Metro station. When it's this cold, that takes its toll. The weather has been brutal here in the nation's capital. Yesterday the wind chill was -8 and today it was like 3, plus three inches of snow -- that's right, just enough snow to make things really annoying and treacherous on my walk. I'm a Southern boy at heart -- I can't deal with this sadistic crap anymore. And since I don't have a car and my wife is on a different morning schedule, I think I'm just going to stop coming to work. I'm not going to tell them or anything, because I don't want to get in trouble with Lumberg. So I'm just going to go ahead and sort of stop going.


Self-portrait. This cold weather is
making me a little crrrraaaaazzyyyy!!!!


But in any case, this is ridiculous. I know all those Missourians and Minnesotans will laugh at me for being scared of "only" -8 wind chills. But since that's all they have to do up there anyway is laugh at the people who were smart enough not to settle there, I'll let them have their fun. Laugh it up, eh! It's gee golly cold down here, and I don't give two hoots what you say there now!

Hyperlink:
-
Winter's Icy Bite Turns to Snow [Washington Post]

Technorati tags:
, , ,

No comments: