Monday, March 27, 2006

Mason erases "mid-major" angle from college basketball

A hearty tip of the cap to giant-killing George Mason University. After beating Michigan State, North Carolina, and Connecticut, hopefully this win struck the death blow to the "mid-majors don't deserve to be in the NCAA tourney" argument, after Gonzaga started the bleeding in 1999. While this is arguably a bad shift for my school, I think it's fairer and makes the tourney more exciting, if that is even possible. With the blue chips eschewing college for the NBA, this is the new incarnation of college basketball.


Reaching into his bag and taking out a stone, he slung it and struck the Philistine on the forehead...

I don't really know what else to say. It's just clear to me that, from here on out, all the "little guys" are for real. GMU beat schools that won four of the last six championships! Mason did this. George Mason. The George Mason Patriots. I mean...good God!

So I got nothing to say. So I'm just going to let
Wilbon say it. Way to go, Patriots! Keep it rolling. Huzzah!

(Photo Credit: Travis Lindquist/Getty Images)

, , , , , ,

1 comment:

The Dog of Freetown said...

I can see his hairy armpits.