Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Should I go to Lulu's this Friday?

I'm debating whether to go to Lulu's Mardi Gras club, which is closing Friday after something like a 20-year run in D.C.'s Foggy Bottom neighborhood. Every town and city has one of these places - college students galore, a place where the Miller Lite Spring Break Krew can pay a visit, with the evening hosted by The Real World's Derrick. Body shots half off.


Yo, I'll see YOU at Lulu's, dog. Werd to ya mutha.

At this stage of my life, would I ever, EVER frequent a venue such as Lulu's? Err, no. But this Friday, I'm considering breaking this taboo. Why? Because it's gonna be a twenty-dollar open bar all night! Who can pass that up? Although at the age of 29, I'd be wobbling dangerously over Old Guy At The Club territory. And no one wants to be The Old Guy At The Club. But the $20 open bar is calling me. WWDD? I wonder. That's "What would Derrick do," for all you non-believers. It is, like, totally an epic conundrum.

, , ,

No comments: